Join us in making Earth a healthier planet for ourselves and future generations. If we all make an effort, even small, together we can make a big impact on the environment. Here are 10 things you can change in your daily life that will benefit all of us:
- Turn trash into something that can be reused, recycled, or donated.
- Conserve electricity by unplugging devices that aren’t in use.
- Buy energy-efficient appliances and hardware. (There are even high efficiency, low flow shower heads.)
- Replace your light bulbs with energy-efficient light bulbs such as halogen incandescent and
- Keep reusable grocery bags in your car to take shopping with you.
- Keep a set of reusable gift bags to use for birthdays and holidays.
- Wash your clothes in cold water to save energy.
- Shut down your home computer every night.
- Replace nonstick pans with cast-iron.
- Consider walking or biking as opposed to driving.
We know we can help you with #6 by replacing wasteful wrapping paper with reusable gift bags! To plan for all occasions throughout the year, we recommend choosing different sizes and fabrics so you’ll have plenty of options.
What are you doing to reduce your environmental impact?